Thursday, April 10, 2014

Apple, Onion and Spinach Grilled Cheese

Good Morning!

Everyone always rants and raves to me about these 'fancy' grilled cheese sandwiches that I still had yet to try.  So, without any plans of what to have for dinner last night, I decided it was time to jump on board and try these out.  And as it turns out, everyone was right.  So much better than a regular grilled cheese!

Apple, Onion and Spinach Grilled Cheese


I started off with this beautiful board of goods.
Pumpernickel bread
Fresh spinach
Gala apples (thinly sliced)
Onion (thinly sliced and caramelized in pan)
Cheese (I grated and mixed together a bunch of 'cheese ends' we had in the fridge, so ours turned out to be non dairy cheddar, old cheddar and vegetable havarti)

Once everything was ready these were so easy to put together!  I layered cheese, spinach, apples, onions and then a bit more cheese on top - all sandwiched in between two pieces of bread.  



They only took about 5 minutes to grill on the George Foreman grill: and there they lay all gooey, cheesy and delicious. 


I think next time I will be trying this with beets!  Tell me - what's your favourite grilled cheese sandwich?

No comments:

Post a Comment