Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Orange and Strawberry Salad

Hey again!

Sorry it's been a while, I took the weekend off as it was my 25th Birthday!  Ahhh - it really is crazy how fast time flies! 

I'm going to warn you in advance that I'm probably going to post quite a few salad recipes, and oatmeal recipes as these are my staples.  I have both of them at least once a day and, since I used to absolutely hate vegetables, I know there are others out there who are not as fond of them and maybe would like some ways to incorporate them into their lives as well!  Hence my new addiction: fruit in salads.  I love fruit. If I could eat just fruit all day long I would be the happiest girl in the world.  Unfortunately, I realize I need to eat more than just fruit all day long to stay full and have a balanced diet.  So I one day came across the realization that if I started putting fruit in my salads like everyone else started doing eons ago, I would probably enjoy them a bit more.  And guess what?  I LOVE SALADS!  

So here it is, my simple salad that I had for lunch today.  I'm not huge on measuring ingredients because it really slows me down and I kind of just like to wing it, but I did sort of measured this one for you today!



Orange and Strawberry Salad (serves 1)

2-3 cups fresh Kale (I learned this great trick from my farmer friend Mike last year that if you massage the Kale with some olive oil for 30 seconds to a minute before hand, it makes it wonderfully tender!)
4-5 Strawberries (chopped)
1/2 Orange (chopped)
1 TBSP walnuts
1 TBSP dried cranberries
1-2 TBSP blueberry balsamic vinegar (or regular works just as well!)

Mix it all together and enjoy!



I also paired this with a hard boiled egg and a rice cake so my stomach wouldn't start grumbling 5 minutes into class!

No comments:

Post a Comment