Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Banana Oats

My sister has continually told me about fried bananas, and I have always been too lazy to try them out.  

However, since I am officially finished my school semester and have an abundance of time in the mornings, I decided to try it out.

And…drumroll please…it was absolutely amazing.


The bananas become so much sweeter and more delicious when they’re fried.  They make me feel like I’m eating a sinful dessert, when I’m really eating a healthy breakfast!  


Banana Oats (1 serving)

1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 cup Coach’s Oats
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup almond milk
1 sliced banana
1 teaspoon of honey (adjust to your taste)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
toppings of choice (I used walnuts and coconut flakes)

Whisk egg whites until they are fluffy.  Add in oats, water and milk and bring to a boil.  Continue cooking until liquid is absorbed. 

While the oats are cooking, place sliced banana, honey and cinnamon in a pan over medium heat.  Fry until bananas are slightly softened.  

Mix together and add toppings of your choice!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! What an awesome way to prepare Coach's Oats. Thank you for sharing and for being a fan!

    -Theresa
    Coach's Oats

    ReplyDelete