Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Kale and Beet Salad

...Isn't it B-E-A-U-TIFUL?

I have a tendency to crave a random assortment of fruits and veggies at once, hence the mixture in this salad.  I made this before my evening class last night and had NO idea it would be so gosh-darn delicious!  You can use as much or as little of each ingredient as you would like, I just put a general guideline for those who would like an idea!

Kale and Beet Salad (1 serving)
2 cups kale
handful almonds (10)
1/2 apple chopped
2 strawberries chopped
1/4 pickled beet (on non pickled if you'd prefer!)
handful of snap peas (chopped)
tablespoon of dried cranberries
You can use whatever type of dressing you want: I used a mixture of balsamic and poppyseed



I'm a huge believer that beautiful food = happy tummy, and this salad is full of colour and flavour!  Let me know what you think, or any substitutions you've made to suit your tastebuds!

Cheers!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment