Friday, April 4, 2014

Apple-Raisin Oatmeal

Good Morning and Happy Friday!  

I don't know about you, but I always get a little excited when I wake up knowing the weekend is just around the corner!  

This morning's recipe is one I stumbled upon from the amazing blogger Catherine at Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth!  
Here is her original link - you should check out her page. It's life-changing.

Now onto my breakfast this morning...doesn't it look scrumptious?



Apple-Raisin Oatmeal (serves 1)

1/4 cup liquid egg whites (whisk before combining)
1/4 cup Coach's oats (from Costco - any kind will do!)
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp honey (add more or less to taste, I don't like mine very sweet)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp raisins
1/2 apple (chopped)

Combine in a small saucepan and heat over medium until oats begin to simmer.  Continue simmering until liquid is absorbed, or desired consistency is reached.  

I like to add a little bit of almond milk afterwards and top with toasted coconut flakes (Have you tried these?  They're honestly ah-mazing: good old Costco!)



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your awesome Coach's Oats Apple Raisin Oatmeal recipe! We appreciate you being a fan and spreading the word :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more than welcome 'Oat Girl'! They are my absolute favourite type of oats - have 2 bags stocked up in my pantry! :)

    ReplyDelete